Humane Educational Society Boutique & Thrift
All proceeds save lives at Humane Educational Society!
Please call to make an appointment for furniture donations or if you're donating a significant amount of items.
We do not offer pickup service.
The shelter is not able to use pillows, sheets, or comforters, but will gladly accept metal food bowls, collapsible crates, towels, and fleece blankets. Those items can be dropped off at the shelter Monday through Saturday 12pm-5pm.
Shop for high end clothing items on our Poshmark account.
HES Chattanooga is using Poshmark to sell items from their closet. Poshmark is a fun and simple way to buy and sell fashion.
Sales and Discounts
Tuesday: Veterans save 10%
Thursday: Seniors (55+) save 10%
Friday & Saturday: 90% off select items
Last Saturday every month: All clothing is 50% off
We would love to grow our volunteer team! Email us to find out more information.
- Get creative and help make the store beautiful! You'll be stocking shelves and hanging clothes, but also changing displays to make things look new and fresh!
- Be the first to see what awesome things come through the door by sorting donations
- Assist customers on the sales floor.
- General cleaning to keep things looking tidy
- Receive donations in our staging area
- Deliver donated items from the shelter to the store
- We are looking for the right people to help with Facebook, eBay, and cashiering.
Click here for some donation tips.
CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING: Summer clothes, text books, encyclopedia/reference sets, or VHS tapes.
Items we accept include but are not limited to:
- Pet items
- Home décor
- Sporting goods
- Books, music, movies
- Seasonal items
We cannot accept:
- Items that are broken, dirty, rusted, smelly, mildewed, or otherwise cannot be sold as-is
- Clothes that are unlaundered or have been exposed to smoke
- Large exercise equipment
- Mattresses and boxsprings
- Wire hangers
- Hazardous waste/materials
- Used children’s car seats
- Used major appliances
- Electronics that are not easily tested (speaker systems, PC’s, Computers, Printers etc.)
- Box TVs (tube, cabinet, console).
- Construction remains (i.e. carpet scraps, boards with nails, light fixtures, etc.)
- Fur coats or taxidermied animals
- Items that are too heavy to lift safely
4784 Highway 58, Chattanooga, TN 37416
Hours: Tuesday through Saturday 10am-6pm
Facebook: Boutique & Thrift Facebook Page
Amazon Wishlist: Boutique & Thrift Wishlist